Monday, March 10, 2014

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

I was craving pumpkin all week - maybe because it's finally thawing outside, so it feels like fall! My first attempt at Paleo muffins was only semi-successful, but this recipe (adapted from Empowered Sustenance) is great! These aren't dry like most, and the pumpkin flavor is so tasty.

- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c softened coconut oil or butter
- 6 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- maple syrup, for topping

*I make my own pumpkin spice:
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves

1. Preheat the oven to 350 and line 10 muffin cups (I tried all 12, but I didn't quite have enough!).

2. Combine the coconut flour and eggs until they make a thick, smooth paste. Stir in the coconut oil until well combined, then add the pumpkin and honey. Mix well, then add the spices, vanilla, vinegar and baking soda.

3. Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until just golden on top. Serve topped with maple syrup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment